fairy tale

There are some thoughts that swim along
While reading a story as happy as song
That makes one think about what we read
With such happiness, feels like mead!
Thoughts that  make you wonder why
Then disappear like a bird in the sky

A fairy tale is how we should live life
There's always something good at the end of all strife
Isn't this how I always think?
And see my joy vanish in a blink?
I wonder then why are stories so
Full of unrealistic touch and go??

A damsel always calls for help
Vengeance plotted by an upstart whelp!
There always is a chosen one
Tragic his story is always begun
His destiny mapped out for him
Never is his ever-after grim

Why has it not occurred to me
That life can end up being misery?
That sometimes dreams can end up dead
Motivation abandons you, you loose your head
That you needn't hope to be chosen by Fate
Maybe have an adventure by just being late!

Shouldn't i wake up and look around?
And wonder why are my stories not on the ground?
Why cant I read a story which can tell,
The life of a normal ordinary well?
About the people that live normal lives
Nothing remarkable in their eyes...

No dark forces to overcome or defeat
No beautiful princess or a dragons breath
No knight in shining armor so brave
Never shall witches beauty crave
No fairies to bless special souls
And no erring folk encountering ghouls

Alas! It's all for naught I know
For these tales cast too deep a shadow
Impossible it is to escape from it
Escaping from imagination is a gift!
And so ever I sit by my window
Wondering why I feel so low....

Comments

For a change,some poetry that doesn't go over my head:P
You ought to write more.Seriously.
"Escaping from imagination is a gift"--I love this!
Dragon Rider said…
Thank you :D I will try... you know how it is... we barely have time ;)

Popular Posts