When rocks could disappoint...

I was talking about the box of chocolates that were a disappointment.

Well, the time has come for me to tell you about them. 

So these chocolates were newly introduced, and my dad being a true foodie, decided he had to try it, cost be damned!

We bought two of those boxes, square, hard, cute - one in blue and the other in white. 

And those were the good things about the chocolate. The box in which they came.

I opened the white one eagerly. What i found inside was a neat description of the 8 pieces arranged artfully. (I keep count). I suppose they were kept that way to take your mind off the disappointment that you only get a few slivers of chocolate if you had to share it with other people. Thankfully, I didn't have to share (one of my good days ? no, not really). And boy! was that a grand description! These chocolate "rocks" were precious rocks you see? One of them was an emerald, the other an opal, the third a diamond, and the last one I didn't even bother to remember. That's because grand names don't ensure great chocolate. 

I eagerly reached for one which was supposed to have coffee in it and popped it into my mouth. Not only was the chocolate average tasting, I couldn't feel any coffee filling as such. Also, just because you say it has coffee in it, you dont have to prove it by adding actual coarse coffee powder. I ended up filtering these particles and spitting them out at regular intervals. 

My mom chose hazelnut - and I guess she was the luckiest among us. That was pretty normal, all chocolate, not much to say in terms of filling. And then I tried the diamond one - supposedly with strawberry n cream in it. I have to say, i never thought of strawberries as pink particles that look like squashed sprinkles. I will say nothing about the cream.(That could be an adventure for you to experience)

The emerald one had to have lemon cream, and i expected a sour, tangy, refreshing piece. All I got was some yellowish green goop, no better than the strawberry one. This one also had a few crystals of some weird flavor which i promptly spit out. 

And that, dear reader , was my experience with these so called chocolate rocks. My mom told us that if she needed a box for her sewing stuff she could have bought one for much cheaper. Such comments and the fact that the second box too would be a similar disappointment, prompted me to finish them both in an hour and vow to never buy them again.

I guess this should be added to the long long list of things that you cannot (and must not) judge by their covers.

Comments

Hell hath no fury like Lucky deceived by pretentious chocolates eh? :P

Popular Posts