A Birthday : How I am older than I think and will die soon

So the last day of Jan was my birthday (Thank you - all of you who made it a great celebration : I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my 26 years on Earth).

However with my birthday I also came to realize a lot of things.
For one celebrating my birthday was something that I avoided with my whole heart and soul. All that changed when I got older. I truly had so much fun on this day. I guess as you grow older you learn to enjoy life and not be a grumpy cat (as my brother calls me :/). You realize that having fun is actually therapeutic.
 I also realized that families are dysfunctional. One moment they are all like - come home immediately and the other moment they totally forget you exist. And you have to be okay with that because you are not 5 years old anymore, whining for attention and rolling on the floor.
Another point that seems pretty obvious now (beats me how I missed it) is that I am old. Old and wrinkled like a shrivelled prune. I am the wisened hag who people will come from far and wide to seek wisdom and ancient knowledge. Bow ! Surrender!
It also signifies the end of my stupid fantasies of going to Hogwarts and stuff. (Although I did get this amazing set of potions. Watch out! You turning into another person isn't that impossible with a little polyjuice. Got a wand as well )
I guess the only thing I could hope to be now is miss Marple. (Thanks for the book P. It constantly alluded to the fact that she was old. Like I needed more reminders.) Miss Marple was a spinster, and she studied human nature. And she praises good looking hunks much younger than her in her ladylike way. Leaves the poor things blushing. I suppose solving murders could be a nice way to spend the last few years of your life.
The thing I am happy about is that, since I am old now, I can get away with saying anything. I could be like the intimidating aunts some folks seem to have in novels - you know, the ones who speak their minds. Everyone seems scared of them and secretly admire them. I could be like that - glass of wine in hand, making stinging remarks about everything and everyone. And people cringing and running in the opposite direction of my approach to avoid my scalding gaze. But I suppose such people are more fun to watch - seems too much work to be that sort of a person.
I guess only time will tell.

Until then,
DragonRider

Comments

You turning into another person isn't that impossible with a little polyjuice What are your plans for the Umm.. Amortentia, was it? :P
Old and wrinkled like a shrivelled prune.You never fail to make me laugh! :D
Dragon Rider said…
You are yet a young child. How will you know ze pain I go through.. :p And Amortentia is good for young women like you... what will oldies like me ever accomplish

Popular Posts