Another day in the life of Blinky & Bop

Hi !
So the previous couple of weeks were utterly depressing and lame. Although not much has changed since, and our world gets darker each day I have been distracting myself with whatever I have at hand. (Club penguin is BACK!!! I remember spending hours on it, it was the best!)

Anyway, we have been trying to interact more with Blinky and Bop  in a effort to recognize their intelligence and what not. I am pretty sure most of their brain power goes in plotting my untimely demise and their resulting freedom. Most days, when we turn off the filter for some time, they both settle into their respective positions - Blinky aimed up at the sky deep in thought, and Bop glaring at me balefully, hoping I wheezed and dropped dead. This will go on, till the filter is turned back on, upon which they start looking for food. Sigh.

Recently I found a straw lying around and thought this would be a good way to "enrich" their lives (hey, Google said that's what interacting with them was). So I put the food pellets in through the straw and gently wiggled it in the water, so that they were inspired to hunt their "prey". This went about as well as one would expect. Bop took one look at it, suspiciously came close, and then left, almost bored. Then came Blinky.

It took a long time to get Blinky's attention. Just when I was about to give up he just swap right up. I wiggled the straw a little more and it spent some time sniffing the straw. Then out of nowhere there was an almighty bite followed by a firm clamp and swim away. My unsuspecting hands let the straw slip through. with not much of a fight. (I say not much, because the resulting tiny struggle gave me a drenched face full of aquarium water) I washed my face, and come back to see the straw being pushed around by two utterly bored fish.

I learnt my lesson and fished it out and left them alone for a while. So much for "enrichment"

Until next time!
DragonRider

Comments

Popular Posts