Clock's Ticking

I know not of Death, although I do

Read about It everywhere.

I feel the ravaging of Father Time, He Spares no-one , nowhere

I fear loosing someone who is mine- it is true, and I worry about loosing even more

Yet I escape , I run away, for my very sanity - and always end up at the shore.

The shore of inevitable destiny, a destiny we all share

A destiny to meet our end, with no more thoughts to spare.

 Why do we live then, I cry, why on Earth do we survive?

When nothing truly matters, apart from Fate and unhappy desires?

Looks like what I thought of wasn't any tunnel at all, 

My meager attempts to find meaning? Like directing a free-fall

All I see now is a void, it's a void with no escape

A void from which we come and the void that is our grave

The clock's ticking, Father is mad, He is coming for you

The same way he comes for me and comes for all we knew

He will claim everything, claim nothing and claim all that's in-between

Until there's nothing left to hear, see or claim -  except for His Clock's ticking.



Comments

Popular Posts