Fevered Dreams

 I'll keep this short - this is a rant.

I have fallen sick - again.

It feels like the only constant in my life is the ever hanging sword of Damocles , in this case my varied illnesses.

I did not even think I would be subjected to the humiliation of having my legs hurt as I tentatively ventured out for a walk. How long had it been? 3 years? My body was behaving as though it had ages 3 decades!

On that note - what doesn't hurt? My legs, my bones, my head, my spine, my soul?

You name it and the previously hale DragonRider now seems to be coughing her way to her pathetic end.

The end would in fact be nice.

I have had recurring colds every alternate weekends. What happens on the other weekends you ask? I sleep the wrong way or perhaps have the wrong number of pillows and carry that pain through the week.

Even now as I write this, I'm running a fever and have not slept throughout the night despite my trusty friend the cough syrup. 

My whole body feels like it is breaking and my throat seems to hate me a LOT. Each cough racks my aged body and my head feels like it has been replaced by painful cotton candy.

I slip into my fevered dreams, and dream of battles and wars waged in the name of the Sun, Moons and Stars. Does that mean I'm atleast allowed fantastic visions in my sleep??? OF COURSE NOT, because after all, life likes kicking you just when you try to see something positive in things.

At about 3:30 am, I distinctly hear the sounds of Suprabatham float in through my window (which has to be open, because it is nightmarishly hot, and I cannot turn on the fan because then it becomes nightmarishly cold). Who, pray, needs to wake up at 3:30 am, and instead of pondering on battles, war and life thinks of playing devotional music? On loud speaker no less!!! My neighbors do apparently.

I wearily sigh and try to drown it out, but my dreams elude me and I lie awake, unable to stare at a screen and too tired to listen to anything. And I guess this is how I mark my entry into my 31st year of existence. This seems to be a particularly cruel jinx :( either me or my husband seem to fall sick every weekend. 

On a serious(er?) note, my dear neighbor who plays such stuff at 3:30 am in the morning - are you alright? 

Until Next Time

DragonRider

Comments

Popular Posts