Chased: Buffalo

Alright! This is another post on how I utterly embarrassed myself! Yay for me!!

This happened almost 7 years ago. I was in college then. (The undergraduate kind). I used to walk to the bus stop and back home. The walk was pretty long and boring, and nothing out of the ordinary usually happened.

The day I describe was not one of those days.

I was walking back home. Our college had let us out early (mercifully). It was a sunny afternoon, and the road was quite deserted. This was at a time when Bangalore had almost no traffic (let us all silently shed tears for those golden times). There were only a few buffaloes lounging around the road, and some of them munching peacefully on the grass that grew by the roadside.

Of course that was before I walked on the road.
There I was minding my own damned business. I was thankfully not listening to any music. And then I realized, a loud half-trumpet, half-roar sounding across the desolate road. Fearfully, I turned back and was met with a truly terrifying sight. A buffalo (one of the munching kind) was charging down the road towards me, bellowing with all it's might.

At first, I thought that the buffalo was trying to fight another one of it's own species. My puny mind couldn't comprehend any other reason for an animal to do something like that without provocation. Oh the fool that I was!
 It must have come almost halfway by then. And that's when common sense took over, and I dived for cover behind one of the conveniently parked cars over there.
This buffalo was so enraged and was charging down so fast, that it couldn't turn at the right moment. Instead it chased down some poor bloke who was also walking on the same road. That guy also dodged this attack. However, the man made the mistake of resuming his walk after the buffalo sort of slowed down to a trot. Immediately the buffalo turned around and started charging back.
It also spotted me peering through the glass of the car. When the man ran off, it shifted it's focus to me and tried coming through the narrow gap, but owing to it's considerable girth couldn't. After harrumphing angrily, it finally leave me be like I was not a creature for it to waste it's time on. (For which I was obviously so very grateful).

And then, me being the brave soul that I am, hid around cars for the rest of my journey, fearing my bovine attacker.

Until next time,
DragonRider

Comments

Man! This was absolutely hilarious.
Take a bow- the visuals were spot on in being ridiculously funny yet true. :D
Btw, why do so many animals and birds chase you? :P
Dragon Rider said…
Thank you! About the chasing - well it beats me. Maybe I seem like such an easy target that even harmless animals think - here's a person who it would be fun to chase. ;)

Popular Posts