V Day topics?

Heya folks! It’s the week of luuuuurrrrvvvvvee. :D
So I thought it would be fun to put into writing all the love related stuff that I encounter.

The interesting individual I met at the end of the last post was RB. RB is a true girl at heart. While people like P covet unattainable people, and I look for it elsewhere-  RB declares that she loves, and wants love, and would love to get married soon. Now to a person like me, this kind of a statement amounts to a visit to the asylum. I wouldn’t be caught dead uttering those words. ( *Sigh, the desperate non-existent love life that I have)

So anyway I was surprised to know that such thoughts could exist in people’s heads.
And this is where all the lovey stuff that RB talks about ends up. She lives right across my room. She loves watching love stories (movies, sitcoms, songs – you name it!) although she now tells me that watching Sherlock has her converted to a saint. A marriage supportive saint. And then the other day she was talking about how the Radhika Apte short movie had no nothing saucy at all.

Anyway, one incident comes to mind… even though RB is (was?) a huge fan of lovey dovey stuff, she can’t stand PDA. So there was this young couple talking to each other , and there we were, bellies full taking a walk around campus – when RB spotted them. And she was talking about something else, when she suddenly in the same tone asks them – What are you doing? Don’t do this here! -which had us all in momentary shock. Needless to say the boy looked uncomfortable (poor thing was just tucking her hair in) and the girl glared at us. We giggled (because we are so mature) and started teasing RB.

This doesn’t mean she is anti – love though. She wishes to get married ASAP, and spend the winter months cuddling up to her hubby. Suggesting her to get a teddy bear for said purposes results in – No! it will be nice to have a human being to cuddle with! When asked about what will she do during the summer months – let’s not go there eh? I have a feeling she will be the happiest amongst us - she has low expectations, loves responsibilities, wants to be the dutiful wife and daughter in law. The ideal Indian Bahu?

I sometimes feel I am too hard on her – I keep accusing her of watching stuff on incognito (hee hee) and she denies all those claims, saying she doesn’t have to hide a thing, she watches them all on the normal window! We keep telling her that she is pretty and she always denies that as well. And we all catch ourselves wishing for a boyfriend who would be perfect… She brings out thoughts we would never think about with her enthusiasm (and that my friends is called peer pressure – If boyfriends are the thing to crave for, then goddammit I must crave for one too!)
Another friend of mine feels personally offended and disturbed whenever she sees couples spending quality time together. S feels like one of these days she is going to go right up to them and walk between them, separating these love birds. She is so anti-love, that even in music videos she only likes the cinematography, lyrics be damned. S has a thing for hair – crazy hair always gets her attention. We both find bald guys with full beards attractive. But she goes a few steps ahead, and loves the crazy asymmetric stuff, colored punks, mohawks, spikes, the curly nest (a bird could just snuggle in there) and other crazy stuff – like the Weeknd’s hair-do.

P (from the last post) loves perfection – just yesterday we were discussing about my problems (look below for more). I always suspect P of having someone interesting in her life who she likes, but getting her to ‘fess up is sooooo hard! I keep springing it on her every chance I get with the hopes that she lets her guard down and utters those words –Yeah…. There’s this person…

No such luck yet.

She likes imaginary people like Roark and Sherlock. Period. There is nobody else. She likes a flute player – who even though real, is someone she doesn’t talk to.  She says her reasons for choosing Sherlock is that he is “flawlessly flawed” and hopes to find someone like him serendipitously one day (Hmmm don’t we all). When I pointed out that imaginary friends are for children, and that she was an adult she rightly asked me if this was why I moved to cats (*sigh*). She had a point. Still, since she seems so hopeful of love and serendipity I feel she might actually have a shot at this!

I have many more people I could talk about, however let me just cover two more – Aru and me.

Aru is my homie, and we think alike sometimes (most of the times, we learn :D) Just yesterday we were wondering why weren’t we spending the V week getting gifts (free stuff rocks. Yes I am shameless that way). She was telling me about how many crimes we would have committed in our previous lives (this being the standard Indian explanation for everything wrong in our lives). We reckon we should have found guys in college since everyone seems to get married to their college loves these days. However, she agrees that nothing beats pampering yourself and that’s what we plan to do. :D

Coming to me, I am having an enlightened week. I wish I had enough money to buy nice stuff for myself because I am awesome and I ought to love myself. And I am done with cats. If you are reading this and you know me, you would probably know my love for cats (mainly because I keep shoving it down your gullet every day. Every. Damn. Day). What brought about this heart-break? The traitorous individual in question always sashayed away, never looked back. I would shower it with love, and food, and try to pat it and it never ever let me! And then the other day I see it willingly going to someone to let them pet it. There’s only so much humiliation a girl can take before letting it go .From now on, I will not seek the source of your divine mew. I will ignore your graceful tail. I will never look into your beautiful green eyes. I will not feed you. You and I are done Kitty. No more love for you.  [< / 3]

I had a weird dream today (probably the effect of staying at home, without a care in the world for one day). If you want to read about it- ask me!


PS: I know it’s a little long and more like a documentary, but no fear! I will write shorter ones in the days to come. 

Comments

Wow! Our group has such extremes doesn't it? :D
That's also why it's so much fun, I suspect. We're people with very different ideas on everything!
Yes, I do want to read about the dream. Please write :D
Unknown said…
You write so well.And I want to read about the dream too.
I am P's friend :)
Dragon Rider said…
:D Honored! Will post soon. Can't wait to meet you!
Dragon Rider said…
It's a little confusing though - it being a dream and all... Let's see how you folks like it
Dragon Rider said…
Wonder how will RB react if she reads this

Popular Posts