Late Valentine's Day post!

I usually do a V day post (as is tradition!) and was in a very VERY different place over the last couple of weeks. So here's an attempt thrown your way as some sort of compensation I guess?

I noticed that this day was not as RED or lovey-dovey like the previous years? It could be because people have caught on to the commercial part that most corporations seem to milk on. On the other hand it could totally be because I am too old for this crap and couldn't care less about what is happening with the younger generation. (Ha! I feel so old and wise, I might as well be a tree!). The only thing I did worry about was the horrendous traffic by people wanting to go to fancy places on a Friday evening in Bangalore of all places. That was not fun. 

All the people I asked (about their V day plans) brushed them off. There were some of us who had a lot of work to do, and then there were some for whom it did not mean a thing. What might have caused this collective loss of enthusiasm? Is it work? Is it the realization that capitalism is the evil villain of this movie? Is it the lack of time and interest? Is it the collective loss of feelings for another human being brought on due to the mass adulteration of our food? Is it coronavirus and H1N1 hitting us at the same time? Is it the slow degradation of human society as we know it? 
So many questions!! And yet not much clarity.

I have been reduced to watching cat videos. Reddit gifs and videos of cats being jerks have become a staple of my life. I feel like since I cannot have a cat of my own, watching cats being mean creatures will slowly make me realize what a useless goal having one is, and that I am fated to die alone sobbing like the pathetic creature that I am. Or maybe caught up in a trance of watching cats as opposed to owning them like a responsible human being - dealing with their hygiene and hunger and well being. Yay for not accepting responsibility for things I seem to want!! 

Sigh.
Until next time
DragonRider




Comments

Popular Posts