Undeniable Proof of My Advancing Years!

 I know, I know, I usually reserve this "I am old and going to die someday" post for my birthday, but an incident occurred recently and I wanted to share!

So there I was. It was a Saturday morning. I had fallen asleep early on the Friday before, and woke up quite late. Suddenly I felt an inexplicable pain on my calf muscles. I sometimes had these, so I decided to stretch out my legs in the hopes of alleviating the sharp pain. Oh how wrong I was.

The pain lanced through me and all thoughts of getting some more shut eye quickly disappeared as I tried to sit up and work through what was happening. A lot was happening, My muscles were contracting in a weird way, no amount of massaging the area or moving my ankle or knee joints helped. In fact I could swear the pain was increasing with each passing moment. I screamed for my mom, (bless her soul, she was awake before me as usual) and as my mom and dad rushes to me, I began to snivel helplessly. 

My mom calmly explained that what I was experiencing was a leg cramp. My father forcefully stretched my leg a bit and the pain reduced. He continued to do so till I was able to sit up and get out of my bed on my own. Strangely that wasn't the end of the pain, because it came back later in the day when I went for a walk. And the trusty Amruthanjan is doing nothing to help it. 

And there you have it. The sure sign of old age. Greying hair and cramping legs! Soon I will hobble with a stick and have a hot water bottle by my side (my mom already suggested this but my pride wouldn't let me). 

You kids better watch out! There's a new old hag in the block!

Until next time, 
DragonRider

Comments

Popular Posts