An Ode to Ollie

 If there's one thing these frequent lockdowns have made me tired of, it's the inability to go out and enjoy a nice walk.But this isn't going to be a rant. This is going to be a post where I am thankful for the smaller pleasures that by some fluke I am still allowed to have. I am told writing is cathartic, so here goes- 

 On my walks around the non-existent lake, I get to see many many excited, happy, contented dogs. Of all of these good boys and girls, the one baby that stands out is Ollie. 

You see Ollie liked me for no reason at all. I was walking that day as usual, hoping that it was the day I gathered the courage to pet at least one of the dogs. (I usually admire them from afar). I could see this tiny brown puppy from quite a distance, tail high in the air, ignoring everyone else around him and make a beeline for me. He was a tiny thing at the time. 

My dad doesn't like me petting dogs (or cats. But cats generally like pets from their special people, and there's no way in hell I'm listening to anyone about safety). I simply didn't wait for his warning, I bent over and stretched out my hand.  

He wiggled his little butt and was just so excited he didn't know what to do! He jumped all around me, and put his tiny paws on my legs, hoping to probably lick my face. However he was so tiny that he only reached my calves. I was worried the owners might not like this new development, but they were two sweet girls who didn't seem to mind the attention Ollie was rightfully getting. 

After I met Ollie, my walks in the crowded place I go to with all the irritating kids and their obnoxious parents just got a little better. I look forward to seeing his curious little face and those pointy ears. He is probably the most friendliest dog I have ever met, no other doggo ever growls at him! When he gets tired of the walk, he gives this little sigh and sits politely, trying to seem interested in the latest set of people who fawn over him. 

Here's Ollie too excited to pose for a picture:



 

A huge thank you to the lovely ladies who let us play with Ollie!!

Until next time, 

DragonRider

Comments

Popular Posts