Rise and Shine!

 You wake up early. Open your windows and take a deep breath of the crisp early morning air and sigh with contentment. Spend a while gazing at the trees and the little birds slowly awakening. Listen to the sublime chirps, and the hustle of the world beginning a new day...

Bliss!!

 Yeah, that's totally not how my mornings go .

For about a year now, I have been sleeping to the sounds of children screaming, and waking up to people yelling for Rambo. 

I won't comment on the children screaming part, I am sure you all love hearing those sounds as much as I do. Indeed there is probably no lullaby better than a child screaming for God knows what. (It's usually nothing. They are well fed, well entertained. I guarantee you)

Rambo is a new(-ish) dog that the people next door (adjacent building?) had the brilliant idea of buying (it's a German Shepherd. You can't adopt those. You need to buy'em. Exactly why would anyone need a GSD in an apartment that is meshed up liked a Faraday cage on all sides beats me, but there you have it) a dog.

Rambo is a rambunctious pup (in true puppy fashion I guess?). He very rarely seems to listen to people in his household. He hates baths, and whines if nobody is paying him attention. (So a toddler. A much cuter better version of a toddler) 

There are long winded conversations involving Rambo. I suppose the guys next door are extremely lonely (I think I would also baby talk my cutie if I ever had one), but here the conversations are downright rude. It's more of a "Rambo, come here! Come Here! COME HERE! THIS STUPID DOG ISN'T LISTENING TO ME COOOOMMMEEE HEEEERRREEE RAMBOOOOO" at about 7 am in the morning. Nobody wants to listen to people being mean to their dogs at 7 in the morning. That's just wrong. 

It isn't our fault you didn't train your dog right. It's a smol puppy. You don't yell at smol puppies -  what on Earth is wrong with you!? And then when Rambo does go to them, they get annoyed that he listened, and keep  yelling, "Rambo sit. RAMBO SIT. RAMBOOOOO WHY ISNT THE STUPID DOG LISTENING TO ME, RAMBOOO I COMMAND YOU TO SSSSIIIITTTTT". So instead of using methods like I dunno TRAINING (gasp!) or POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT (oh no!) I have a bunch of idiots for neighbors who try to get a dog to do what they want, by yelling at it. (Even smol humans don't respond well to yelling. Atleast I don't think they do) 

While this behavior in itself is unforgivable, I think what sealed the deal for me is these people's taste in music.

Since the past couple of weeks, I have been waking up to pretty much the opposite of what I want to listen to. I am sure most of us would have heard a certain nasally singer crooning about love and other related nonsense. Imagine yourself dreaming peacefully about the next adventure or wherever else your brain decides to go, and you hear Tera Surooor entering your dream. You might be considering traveling the oceans , and have climbed the deck, the ship is swaying with the waves and suddenly you hear Jhalak Dikhlaaaajaaa from the damn skies. And you stare at the sky confused and then realize this is just a dream. My disappointment is immeasurable and my damn day is ALREADY ruined. 

THAT's the thing I wake up to. The first thing I ever hear in the morning. Usually on weekends. At about 7 am. Tera Suroor. Dear God.

What mental gymnastics does this guy go through to get to the point where the first song he wants to hear in the morning is gonna be something by Reshammiya? (I might have spelled that wrong. Oh well). He is fast asleep. He probably has someone special in mind. He wants to serenade the special someone. And the ONLY song that he can think of, that will impress that someone - Aashiq Baaaaayyaaaaa aaappneee??? REALLY? And then he yells at his dog!!!??? Words fail me!

I give up. I don't think my suggestions of him changing his listening habits is gonna go down well, so I just wake up sad and begin blasting "Seek and Destroy" just to cleanse my palate for the day. Sadly this happens through my headphones because I live with people who don't like Metallica. And I, unlike SOME people, DO NOT want their neighbors deeply DISTURBED in their GODDAMN dreams. 

Until next time!

DragonRider

Comments

Popular Posts