@30

I turned thirty a month ago. 30 is supposed to be this huge milestone. If you lived in the Middle ages / The Plague Era, I suppose hitting 30 was a big deal. It's almost as though you were a seasoned veteran what with hygiene being an unknown component, and bacterial/viral infections rampaging as fast as our species bred. 

If you hit 30 in the WW eras , that was a big deal too, because it meant you got to see the highlights of human history and how it shaped your day to day adult life.

If you hit 30 now, its an instagram party with JUDGEMENT being shoved down your throat, one snarky person at a time

All your flaws are highlighted. All your insecurities as a human being are pushed to the fore-front. I suppose I was internally making it into this horrible end-all, and ended up projecting it onto my friends (who all made it to the call, yes even the Confidante who had declared that she wasn't going to be available that day)

I began showing off the dress I had bought, which earned polite "Oh that looks quite nice" from P and D which I guess I misinterpreted as excitement, and then RB just showed up and told me "that looks like a nightdress" shattering my delusions of being able to buy anything for myself without regretting it. (Some things might never change. My inability to decide is probably gonna hop after me all the way to my grave. Imagine me , ancient and desiccated , and my mind thinking - do you really think it's time to go? no not really, lets think about a million ways this is going to go wrong!!)

As I bemoaned the inevitability of my aging shell (and I built this up over weeks asking people about mortality, existence, the meaning of life, and of course the apocalypse - which I now think might never happen in my lifetime) , D had the brilliant idea of referring to whatever I said as @30, shrugging away my anxiety and chalking it up to age. If that didn't make me feel insignificant and useless I don't know what will.

D - enjoy your youth while it LASTS. I'll be right there waiting for you at the end of the line :p

Anyway:

I make a joke about my weight (In all honesty that was an EPIC joke, and I ought to be printing out banners and merch just for coming up with it on the spot - ask me if you wanna know what it was) 

D: Humor@30

I whine about how old I have become

D: Aging at 30

I show off my dress (which I thought was quite nice. I mean it has a hood and everything! Admittedly the hood is quite small :/)

D: (AFTER RB has told me what she thinks) Fashion@30

I advice the younguns on how life should be lived

P: Advice@30

ANYTHING that I said or did that day was met with an @30 quip. Soon everyone got in on the game and we were screeching (well I was) @30 at each other

Here are all the things we covered - Lonely@30 (which was again D being a little shit), pervy@30 (which was actually pretty funny, involved Rapunzel and a children's story book. D is the pervy one. She always is. I just hop on the train), Mature@30 (pretty sure P came up with this) , Hungry@30 (as we chatted away into the night), Musical@30 (I dont remember what did we cover here, any of you care to remind me?), Sleepy@30(we spoke for hours and hours, soon I was drowsy while my noble companions sat at their laptops/ systems), Skincare@30 (this was just me lamenting how nothing I do would actually help anyway), dark@30 (where I was telling people about how dark the brothers Grimm really are), hairfall@30 (yeah everyone agreed with this)

This actually looks like a great format for other blog posts. People who do not want to hear me rant (ahem, in that case what exactly are you doing here anyway?) can skip right past the @30 posts :p

Thank you, precious, weird, unique, glorious people you. You cheered me up a lot more than I deserved.

PS: RB probably felt like I wasn't living up my jewellery game and sent me these absolutely GORGEOUS earrings and bangles. Strangely she didn't want me sharing it on Whatsapp so here goes -  THANK YOU Babe!!!!! *puppy eyes*

Until next time, 

DragonRider


Comments

Popular Posts