We, the Protagonists

Inspiration comes from odd places to me. I was planning to call this post "Unvampired Demise Impending" and bemoan the passing of yet another year. Yet another shrug-worthy decade gone of the three I have spent on Earth. Of letting you, dear Reader, know about all the things I regret, all the things I wish I had done. But, I have been reading a lot lately. True to the escapist attitude I have, I tried staying away from the good, deep recommendations to fill this void I cannot explain. 

However, I did say inspiration comes from odd places. I have been reading webtoons sporadically now. It has been almost 2 months since I caught up with my old series. One of them looks like it will be ending soon. This one was different, because it wasn't a romance. It was about how people look, what people dream of, what matters to them, what curve-balls life throws. And sure, while I suppose it is meant for teenagers or something, one line in particular got me thinking  - "I am the protagonist of my life"

This strikes me as perspective-altering - If you were the protagonist of your life, no matter which way your life turned out, you would still be the protagonist. If  you longed for adventure, but did not act upon it, you would still be the protagonist who decided not to take that specific path. If you faced a huge obstacle, or a horrible event occurred in your life, or you were the victim of something  - (I read recently, that in a way, we are ALL victims of something or the other. It is impossible to go through life, without being the victim in some circumstance) - you choose how to react to it, and no matter how you reacted to it, you would - STILL - be the protagonist. Because ultimately, our lives are stories. All 8 billion or so and growing. Some stories are heard by a lot of people, but most of us don't get to hear even 1% of all of them. That's just counting the humans. There are countless animals, trees, fungi , microbes out there. Everything made of matter seems to have its own story to tell. They are the protagonists of their lives. 

I will probably cringe so hard at this later. What is this? Optimism? Fatalism? An epiphany? I don't know, I leave that to your current state of mind.

However, I am immensely glad for all the times my story has intersected with those of  interesting people- some of you staying for a while longer than the others. You folks make my life worth remembering!! Thank you for the memories. Thank you for caring. Thank you for listening to me whine like a child. 

Here's to hoping I get to see you all more often, to embark on new adventures (and misadventures? let's be honest, those are more entertaining) , to be a part in your stories, and read more!

And on that note y'all made my day - I know life is hard right now for most of us, and you still made the time for me - I can't express how happy I was!! I love you guys!😭

Know of any other interesting protags? I would love to meet them all!!

 PS: I guess I should make a bucket list now or something? Whaddaya think?? Any ideas?

 Until next time, 

DragonRider



Comments

Popular Posts