This is (K)enough

 Barbenheimer came and went long ago. I'm sorry but I found it hard to understand the hype around both movies.

And sure we got a nice monologue out of one of them. Tell me how is it any different from all the usual rants we listen to , while the authorities in charge ( and the citizens) refuse to do anything about it?

Speaking of rants :

  • Polar bears are being systemically wiped out due to the melting of polar ice, and are very soon going to be extinct
  • Inflation, value of money is going down, purchasing power is going down, but prices of fancy new inventions are always gonna go high
    • heck I cannot even buy a smartphone for 10k anymore
  • every other news byte is about how some countries are now at war / are going to war/ are considering war
  • everyone is stressed, yet everyone is hustling, and yet everyone is quiet quitting, while companies are quiet firing, everyone is getting less work because AI, and yet everyone needs to now prove their worth because AI
  • AI reminds me: everything is gonna be AI soon, which is good because menial boring stuff is going to AI, while it is also bad, because menial boring stuff had a lot of employees 
  • AI good because new tech era, AI bad because movies and predictions and AI gaining consciousness bad
  • Current state of things in our country bad - because reasons, current state of things in our country good - because more reasons
  • Air bad, water bad, food bad, cost of living bad, but still better than other options so good anyway
  • Blore to have no water by 2030, Blore is increasing lake cleaning programs
  • Blore to get hotter with each year, blore witnesses largest amounts of rainfall in decades

Enough. I just want a space where the only thing I need to worry about is whether my plants are watered, whether my fish are still alive (and not because I have no water for the next 2 weeks), what book I could read, what instant food am I going to satisfy my craving with WITHOUT HAVING TO THINK OF IMPENDING DOOM WHILE DOING IT.

For about 2 hours each day, I would like to shut down , not think about how I could have done better at work, how I could have interacted with people better, how I need to learn and GROW, how I should have saved something by now , why is everyone around me (including myself) constantly falling sick, what will I do in the next few months about food, electricity and water and can the annoying kid in the next BUILDING please STFU?

I know people will tell me : this is how you adult. this is part of being an adult. You compartmentalize and you deal with it - well I cant ok?
I read to escape this reality, and I end up wishing I was here. I end up reading books where nothing happens just to calm myself down. I get the people who use meditation apps and do calming yoga. I just wish there was a dedicated hour or so that was mandated for humanity so that I didn't tell myself - oh I can get to this part of my life later, I need to put out all the other fires. 
BECAUSE THE FIRES NEVER STOP. THEY ONLY GROW

Why cant we use AI for this? 
Why can't an unhurried, mundane, uneventful day be enough?

Until next time, 
DragonRider

Comments

Popular Posts