We didn't get lost....

Friend (let’s call her P, because I have an interesting post coming up about another friend – aaannnddd I committed myself to another post :/) P and I decided to hit the gym. (This is an overstatement. We wanted to see the fancy equipment and try them out. We are curious folk). So 6 am seemed like a good time to go there. Sadly my 9 hours of sleep (Sigh) were cut short because I decided to listen to a song that was stuck in my head that night.

Anyway, being an honourable person :p, I woke up right on time, met P and went in. Without going into much detail, I felt that gyms were extremely boring with high probabilities of you pulling muscles or causing some kind of injury (hoping to get your dose of ‘exercise’ like it’s a pill to be taken) in the half hour I spent there. The treadmill was a joke. I had rather walk and see the trees.

That’s when we thought we probably should go out for a walk. So there we were at 7 am, out for a walk, with me hoping it wasn’t as polluted as it usually is (yeah right). We made a good start, walking around the college, and then me being highly averse to crowded roads, decided to have a look at one of the side roads.

Now, I have done this sort of adventuring waaayyy back in high school, when a girl roaming around on her bicycle in Bangalore wasn’t unheard of (maybe encouraged too, by irritated folks at home). What could be better than to have a fellow partner in exploring! P agreed readily, and off we were walking on the large roads – unused on a Sunday. I won’t tell you all the stuff we talked about, or the things we saw – I for one, could only lament on how the city had changed (Hypocrite alert : I have only ever been around my house and college, so maybe it isn’t right for me talk about lost green cover. But whatever). However, taking random turns here and there, with the added danger and excitement of being lost forever, (sorry P, the whole going in circles thing was to make you walk without worrying if we might be lost that early) we finally reached this large road, of a huge apartment complex.

If you think , well whats new in that!, here’s what I felt looking at the semi-constructed area (is that even a word?) – The fake happy scenario of the Lorax. (If you haven’t watched the movie – please do. We are headed right there people). It gave me the chills and the hair on my arms slowly began to rise, like a cats would (more on this later – I am on a roll today).  

But looking away, of all the blessed things this world – we found a lake. And it was not even one of those algae covered green smelly places – this was blue! It wasn’t dirty, didn’t smell bad and there were a lot of water fowl going about their day. We oohed and aahed for a while, and P was exclaiming that she would love to live their lives (meh, don’t we all!) and started clicking pictures. Me being a selfie obsessed freak promptly ordered her to stand along (thank God we didn’t pout?) and began clicking more.

We walked halfway around it, before the road began again. Sadly we couldn’t go to the other end. Whatever we did see though was worth the 8km walk we had (To be honest, I don’t see the point of measuring distances, especially when we get to see such stuff… To each his own, I guess?)

P has posted some of the pictures we took, so I won’t. :D

Now to come back – surprisingly, my sense of direction worked well enough to get us back. (and the GPS.. which decided it would show accurate values once and throw us off the next time we dared venture).


We trudged up the gate, and I directly went in to have my breakfast, where I happened to meet a certain individual I will write about soon. P came later, and we gushed about the adventure and swore to go every week, discovering new places (Haha. That will never happen. NEVER. It’s been two weeks already and we didn’t even go out for coffee)

PS: Here's the post. :D I must write more soon, but it may take a while. Patience is a virtue you know 

Comments

Popular Posts