Dream Diary? Story 2

Hallo folks!

I am planning to write some of my most weirdest dreams (I have many of those ). 

Without further ado -

I find myself in an American household. Why American? Because it looked similar to the countless Hollywood movies I watch. There, I see a man in his fifties, a girl in her twenties, and other members of the family who are all fuzzy to me. 

The man is the girl's father. She has red hair, blue eyes. Her name is Cathy. The dad's name is Jeff. I see that its snowing outside. And  I see that they have left the door to the walkway open. We are all in the kitchen. 

Cathy is truly upset about something. She keeps yelling and shouting at her father about not being able to live here. Her dad is weary, and orders her to stop screaming. She collapses on the dining table sobbing. Her mom (who is still fuzzy) serves breakfast to the dad. Once Jeff is done eating, he ruffles Cathy's hair sadly and leaves for work. Her mom clears up and talks to Cathy softly and leads her upstairs to her bedroom. 

Then I see that it's time for dinner. All the members of the family are seated. I can see three women including Cathy. And two men, including Jeff. She is quiet throughout the meal, obviously worried about something. They all eat, mostly in silence and then retire to the living room and watch a few shows. Her mom asks everyone to wrap up and I follow Cathy up to her bedroom. 

And this is where it gets weird. Cathy lies down on her bed and closes her eyes. And I feel like it is I who lies on her bed, and her thoughts are mine for a little while. I find myself drifting asleep slowly. And that's when I feel a presence above me. I tense myself, like I (Cathy) have been expecting this and something I am scared of is happening. I force myself to open my eyes today, and see a white form stained with red floating over me. 

I loose it, scream and bolt out of the room, and feel the presence trying to catch me. I slide to the stairs, slip and fall. When i hit the last step, everything goes black. I wake up to a cold winter's morning, lying in bed, with a sore head. And then I see Cathy from a third person's perspective once again. 

Her mom sits beside her, crying quietly. Her dad looks worried and is pacing around. The other members are sitting around her bed. Jeff sees that she is awake, and relieved asks her - " Baby, what happened? We all heard you scream, and the next thing I know, we see you bleeding on the floor!" Cathy stays quiet, and I in my god knows what form, try to egg her on to tell the truth. (I realized this was a dream, and was not enjoying much of it. So I usually try encouraging the tiresome characters of my dream. Sadly they do not always listen.This was one of those times.)

Jeff suddenly grows serious, bends over to her ear and whispers gently - "I saw him too". And now I am confused, because till I was Cathy, all I could make out was that whitish grey thing, with red stains. I never knew it was a human, let alone he. "Who was he? Does he climb through the window? You gotta tell me! I will kill him when I find him! Who was he Cathy?" Jeff roars in anger and pain. 

Cathy looks as confused as I am. She finally speaks- " You think that was some guy I know?? How could you be so dense? Does it look like someone would play such a lame prank on an adult woman? We aren't in school anymore Dad! No... I know who I saw...", she shudders to a stop. And surprisingly her whole family let it be. They leave her alone and let her sleep, while there I am screaming out for the morons to not leave us alone.

And when she falls asleep, once again we wake up, and see the white thingy. However this time, it takes the shape of an old man who seems to be smiling (leering?) at us, and calling out to her. She faints right there. and I am still stuck inside, and see Cathy's flashbacks. She was a very little girl then, and the old man was her Grandfather. They are in the garden of that house, playing happily. He takes her in. And then I see an image of her, looking like a pretty doll, holding a chainsaw and slashing through his neck like  hot knife cuts butter. A lot of blood flows, blah blah, same old drill. 

What was interesting was that, I see her again, around the same young age with a knife, this time slashing at some other person. I somehow have a feeling he is also a member of the family.

 And that's when I decided, Nope, I am waking up. And I did. So there. What weirded me out about this story was by how real it seemed. Most of my dreams are fantastical, and this was unexpected. In fact if I would have written this yesterday, like I said I would (sorry P). I would have actually remembered the state, city and street this house was in. Maybe we could have verified if there really was some person like Cathy that actually experienced something. We could have found out how it ended at least! 
On this creepy note - Bye! I hope I write more often. See you soon!
Until then
DragonRider

Comments

Why are your dreams so violent!? Can't believe this was the first thing I read in the morning. Damn my imagination for visualizing everything I read--the chainsaw one is going to stay a while:|
Chella said…
DId you watch "Sinister" recently? It also has a somewhat similar plot where the children are egged on by a demon called Boogieman to murder their family members.

Popular Posts